One of the more popular Spanish speaking channels is Univision with a close second being Telemundo.
Here, we will focus in the latter because it is catered for better with the following solutions.
Telenovas Univision airs are one of the major draws of this channel, and Univision has lots of them. This channel is aimed at the Spanish speaking population, though it is an American channel.
Access to this channel is available in the United States where there are large Spanish communities. Usually, you can only get this as part of a cable TV subscription.
Because of this, no one outside the USA will be able to access the content. Luckily, the channel brought out their own streaming service, called the Univision Now service.
This makes it much easier for anyone wanting to watch Univision live, or browse through the large Univision novela’s list.
Where to Watch Univision Now?
Univision Now is available inside the US apart from Puerto Rico. Signing up is easy.
- Go to www.UnivisionNOW.com
- Click the “Watch Now” button
- Create your account and enter your billing information
- Download the Univision NOW app from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or Roku store and sign in.
The cost is $9.99 per month or $109 annually. Unfortunately, there are no refunds, and you will carry on until the end of the billing period before the service stops.
While this appears to be the best option, others may suit you a little better. Some are the more legitimate, but if you are a Kodi user, then you may like the last option.
Performance-wise, this works in the same way as the regular Hulu streaming service. However, it is very different in the content on offer.
This started back in 2011 and offered lots of content from Univision and Telemundo. Just like Hulu, they also produce their own content geared to the Latino community.
It comes with three plans, and on the smaller plans, you have one month free, on the Hulu Latino with Live TV, you only get one week.
- Hulu with ads: $5.99 per month
- Hulu without ads: $11.99 per month
- Hulu with Live TV: $44.99 per month
Device support that includes iOS and Android, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV/ Stick, Roku, desktops, iPad’s, and game consoles.
To sign up for Hulu Latino, you only need to add a few simple details, select plan and then move to the payments page.
Hulu does require an American credit card to be used. PayPal is an option, but it can also ask for an American account.
To get around this, you use Hulu gift cards. These are available online, or you can get them directly from PayPal in denominations of $25 or $50.
One thing to note is a Hulu account does not include access to the Univision Now app.
FuboTV is another service, which includes access to Univision in its channel lineup. You can also get a Univision live TV stream using the app using your fubo TV provider subscription details as login.
This means you can watch it now, choose another option in the program guide, or watch live streams on Univision and Unimas with novels that are available the day after they are aired.
FuboTV also delivers lots of sporting action, as well as adding channels to cover everyone’s taste. With FuboTV, you get a one-week free trail, and then it goes to $54.99 per month.
There is lots of device support, so you can watch any TV show at home or on a mobile device such as iOS and Android.
Watch Univision on Kodi
There are lots of Kodi users who love its flexibility and the way it can improve their home viewing experience.
There are others who don’t wish to sign up for any of the above services and are happy to watch Univision on Kodi.
Here we see how to install Kodi add-ons that can deliver Univision and much more content that is Spanish. With this add-on, you have access to:
- Live sports
- TV series
- Live IPTV channels
- 24/7 TV channels
Adding the Black Ghost Kodi 18 Add-on for Univision
These instructions show how to install the best add-on on Kodi for Univision and other Latino content.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-left of the screen
- Open ‘System settings’ and Click ‘Add-ons.’
- On the right, toggle ‘Unknown Sources’ to turn it ON
- At the warning message, click ‘Yes.’
- Head back to the home screen and Click ‘Setting’ on the top-left corner
- Click ‘File Manager’
- Click ‘Add source.’
- Click ‘None’ and enter the URL: http://canalnereo.com/canalnereo/REPOS
- Name the source ‘CanalRepo.’
- Click ‘OK’
- Navigate to the home-screen and click ‘Add-ons.’
- Click the ‘Package Installer’ option. (open carton)
- Click ‘Install from zip file.’
- Click on the CanalRepo source you added earlier
- Click the repository.CanalNereo-1.0.2.zip file on this list.
- Wait for the repo ‘installed’ notification box to appear.
- Click ‘Install from repository’ on the same screen
- Click on ‘Repo Canal Nereo Repo’ repository from the list
- Open ‘Video add-ons’ from the list
- You will see a list of all the available add-ons. Scroll down and find ‘Black Ghost’ and select it
- Click ‘Install’ on the bottom right
- Wait for the add-on installation notification box
Selecting the Best Univision VPN
It doesn’t matter which option you use above, you will need a Univision VPN. This is either to bypass geo-restrictions or to stop any copyright trolls or ISP’s from seeing what you are watching.
Because all of the above offer streaming, you need a VPN that is geared toward this activity.
Using the 30-day money-back guarantee you get with ExpressVPN, you can test all the functionality while protecting yourself while online.
You will see it delivers the fastest streaming speeds, which makes it the best VPN for Kodi, or streaming in general.