Soon, the football world will once again be alight with action from the EPL. It is going to be a fierce battle between Manchester City who are seeking to get their third consecutive Premier League title.
However, old stalwarts and Champions League winners Liverpool will be hoping to find a chink in the armor, put a stop to the run and take home the crown themselves.
This year’s season will be the 28th year of the Premier English football league. It kicks off on August 9, 2019, and runs all the way to 17 May 2020.
This is the first season where there is a break in February. Here there will be a host of premier league games played over two weekends.
To cap this, it is the start of a 3-year TV deal. Sky Sports and Amazon Prime are broadcasting a few matches on Saturday nights. However, this will miss most of the action.
Twenty teams take part in this English football league, with seventeen coming from the previous year, and three, which have faced promotion from the Championship.
Now, we need to find ways to watch league games without resorting to cable or Sky. Check out our guide, and see how easy it can be for live TV streaming of the football league, no matter where you live.
How to Stream the Premier League Free Online with a VPN
There are a few places you can go to watch Premier League games online. Most of these though put up geo-restrictions for football fans.
It doesn’t matter where you live, to be able to watch Premier League (EPL), without cable, you will need to resort to a VPN service.
The good news is, these VPN’s bypass all geo-restrictions, and make it easy to access most of the services, which will have a Premier League live stream.
Best VPN for Watching Premier League.
1. ExpressVPN the King of Streaming
- Go to the ExpressVPN site: Signing up is three steps, and then you can have the best football experience watching Premier League matches. Covering 94 countries, this VPN has optimized streaming servers, which deliver the best speeds to prevent buffering. No missed goals, or penalties. (Read our full review)
- Confirm and Install the VPN: This service comes with more device support. You can watch league games on Android, iOS, Mac, Windows. It can be easily configured to run on Linux, routers, game consoles, Smart TV’s and many more. It now offers five simultaneous streams.
- Find Streams and Change Country: Spoof your IP address along with military-grade encryption. There is zero logging, and unlimited bandwidth to catch all the latest live streams. Changing country is simple as is changing city for even better access.
2. NordVPN a Secure VPN
- Sign up: NordVPN delivers some of the best security. Spread over 60 countries, it can pass geo-restrictions quickly. With 6-device connections, you won’t be far away from being able to watch Premier League online. (Read our full review)
- Installing the Client: You can watch a Premier League stream on a broad range of everyday devices. Nord can also be installed on some routers with some configuration.
- Selecting the right country: Like the above, you can easily change the country to match the streaming services. This means you just need to find the right service to watch Premier League football.
3. CyberGhost is a Decent Option
- Head to the website: With a 45-day money-back guarantee, this offers more than most. If you find there are problems trying to watch Premier League football, and then cancel before this runs out. It does deliver good speeds for a live stream, and high levels of security and privacy over the 61 countries it covers.
- Choose your app: There is decent device support with this best VPN for new users. Windows, Mac devices, Android and iOS, FireStick, and TV’s. Other devices can be configured manually.
- Where is your live stream: With a one-click approach, CyberGhost VPN has a list of popular streaming locations. It may have an English Premier League supporter, or you need to do it yourself.
4. Surfshark is the New Kid
- Sign up fast: Visit the website and sign up quickly. Their plans change, but they are still affordable. The network is small, but they can still deliver speeds good enough to watch Premier League matches.
- Common device support: Next, you install on common devices, thin includes Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS among others. With unlimited connections, it looks good on paper.
- Select your stream: With an easy to use interface, change the country where your streaming service is located. Click connect, and then you should be able to watch EPL online.
Where to Watch English Premier League Online?
Soccer fans in the USA have the chance of watching on NBC Sports as they have exclusive rights.
This means logging in with a cable provider to watch online or to use the NBC Sports app.
Along with this is a subscription-based package called the Premier League Pass, which is a part of their NBC Sports Gold streaming plan.
This runs at $64.99 per month. Cheaper options that can be unblocked using a VPN are Sling Blue, DirecTV Now and others.
There are no sports channels in the UK that show any matches from the Premier League.
The only options are Sky, which will broadcast 126 matches for $25 per month with an extra $23 per month for the Sports package.
There is also the Now TV option, which needs a Sky Subscription or the BT Sports app, which needs a broadband subscription.
A VPN in the UK can give access to some of the best streaming services as per the USA options, or there is Hulu with Live TV.
This gives a one-week free trial to test the service. After this, it costs $44.99 and comes with a massive on-demand library.
PlayStation Vue is another option, which offers cloud DVR for recording matches. This costs between $44.99 and $79.99 per month and has access to lots of channels and ESPN where there is lots of football action.
While not as many as the United States, Canada does have a couple of options. TSN does need a subscription, but Sportsnet Now is $24.99 per month where you can stream EPL without cable.
Better value options are a VPN and the US streaming sites that deliver access to UK soccer.
Unlike the Blue plan from Sling, you can use the Sling Orange and Blue combination to get full access to all the channels, which may show EPL streams like NBC channels, among others.
In Australia, the rights to showing the Premier League have gone to Optus Sport. This weighs in at $80 per month. Along with this is the mobile plan of $45 per month. The only good thing is they will stream every match.
A better option is to sign up for fuboTV. This subscription service has access to Fox soccer, beIN Sports, Fox Sports 1, and many other channels to keep any soccer fan content.
At $54.99 per month, there is more than enough to justify the cost. It has other channels like the USA Network, CBS, NBC and lots more.
Unfortunately, Ireland again falls under the same as the UK with Sky plus the sports as one of the only options. BT Sport being another.
Using a VPN, soccer fans in Ireland are better watching EPL in USA, through one of the above streaming providers. FuboTV being originally a sports channel, could be the best choice.
Worldwide options fall with a mixture of Sky, beIN, Eurosport, Setanta, or other providers that all come with subscription-based packages.
For any of these countries, it is better to use the best VPN for Premier League and use one of the above services that require no subscription.
ExpressVPN is the best streaming VPN can cover most countries, so there are coverage and live matches for all UK football fans around the world.
This year’s league clubs who have been promoted are Aston Villa, Norwich City, and Sheffield United.
|Team Name||Home Stadium||Seating Capacity|
|Aston Villa||Villa Park||42,785|
|Brighton & Hove Albion||Falmer Stadium||30,666|
|Crystal Palace||Selhurst Park||26,047|
|Leicester City||King Power Stadium||32,312|
|Manchester City||City of Manchester Stadium||55,017|
|Manchester United||Old Trafford||74,879|
|Newcastle United||St James' Park||52,354|
|Norwich City||Carrow Road||27,244|
|Sheffield United||Bramall Lane||32,702|
|Southampton||St Mary's Stadium||32,384|
|Tottenham Hotspur||Tottenham Hotspur Stadium||62,062|
|West-Ham United||London Stadium||60,000|
|Wolverhampton Wanderers||Molineux Stadium||32,050|
The first matches to be played are Friday 9 August between Liverpool & Norwich at 8.00pm.
Saturday 10 August is West Ham vs. Man City at 12.30pm.
Sunday 11 August are Newcastle vs. Arsenal at 2.00pm and Man United vs. Chelsea at 4.30pm.
The next bout of matches are on August 17.
There are a couple of things to note before you find the best place to watch the title holders and see if they can take home the trophy for a third time.
Between 2.45pm and 5.15pm is a closed period. This means no football matches in the UK are broadcast. This is for protection of people who pay to attend at any of the stadiums in the table.
However, some try to bypass this and avoid paying subscriptions or access third party websites with illicit streaming.
The Premier League is aware of this, and there have been prison sentences for these streams.
End users can suffer, so it is safer to choose one of the legal services above and use the best VPN for the purpose.
This means you have access, and it keeps your identity private, no matter how you access the EPL.