USTVNow is a free live TV Kodi add-on that enables access to one of the top services for US television. The IPTV service is intended for US residents abroad, or the US forces, however, using a VPN, it is accessible by anyone.
Like many TV channels, it is geo-restricted, yet using a VPN for Kodi, you can easily access this service from anywhere in the world.
After a quick look at what the USTVNow Kodi add-on delivers, you can learn how to install the add-on, and how you can find the best VPN to stream, and bypass any restrictions, for this TV service. (Learn how to set up Kodi here)
What is USTVNow?
On the USTVNow site, you see they market this service as ‘TV for US Military and US Citizens abroad.”
It delivers various sections such as Live TV, TV Guide, Movies, and my recordings.
In all this, you can find your favorite TV shows, sports, and top movies. You can create a free account, yet this offers a limited selection of channels, but this does include ABC, CBS, CW, PBS and My TV Network.
If there isn’t enough free content available, you can choose from either of the premium plans, which offer more channels.
USTVNow basic has 23 channels with live streaming, HD shows, and movies on demand. With a regular price of $29 per month, there is a discount to $19 for the first three months.
The top plan is $29 per month for the first three and reverts to $39 per month. With this plan, you have cloud DVR where you can record any of the 23 channels if you so wish.
How to Install USTVNow on Kodi
To summarize what you will learn here, here is a rundown of the few steps you need to take.
- Create an account using the website
- Download and install the USTVNow add-on from the Kodi add-on repository
- Setup the add-on with your USTVNow account details
- Make the most of your free or paid for streaming with Kodi and USTVNow
These steps are to install the USTVNow add-on onto a FireTV, although they are the same on a computer, the only difference being the use of a remote instead of a mouse.
- Open Kodi on your device
- Select the ‘Settings’ icon, and click on ‘System settings’
- Hover your cursor over the ‘Add-ons’ menu item. Toggle ‘Unknown sources’ to enabled if not on already
- Click the remote to navigate back to the ‘System’ screen
- Select ‘File Manager’ and then select ‘Add source.’
- Click on ‘None’
- Enter this URL exactly (without quotes) ‘http://androidaba.com/addons/’ then select ‘OK.’
- Highlight the box underneath where you entered the URL. Now name the media source, type ‘aba’ or another name to identify the source. Click on ‘OK’
- Hit the remote ‘back button’ and head back to the Kodi home screen
- Select the ‘Add-ons’ menu
- Select the small “open box” icon (top left of your screen) and under the ‘Add-ons’ heading
- Select ‘Install from zip file.’
- Select ‘aba’ (or the name you gave to the source
- Select ‘Repository,’ and select the ‘repository.kodil.zip’ file
- Wait until the Kodil Repository add-on pop up box appears to confirm enabled
- Select ‘Install from Repository’
- Select the ‘Kodil Repository’
- Select ‘Video add-ons.’
- Select ‘USTVNow’ and Click Install
- Wait until the add-on installed message appears
- USTVNow for Kodi installation is complete
Once you run the add-on the first time, you will be asked for the login details you provided when you created your account.
Kodi users may search for the USTVNow all channels hack online, though this is nothing more than a redirect to any third-party sites. USTVNow is a legitimate service, and there are no hacks to obtain the full channel listing without signing up.
Choosing the Best USTVNow VPN
When it comes to finding the best streaming VPN, there are a few things to consider.
Large VPN server networks, optimized streaming servers, fast download speeds, and can bypass any geo-restrictions.
Here are three options in order of preference:
The number one premium VPN for streaming continually tops the rankings with the best performance. With over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, you can watch USTVNow from almost anywhere.
All servers are optimized for streaming, which runs in RAM rather than slow mechanical disks. This makes them faster and more secure.
It delivers the fastest download speeds, so using any Kodi add-ons plays without buffering.
One of the world’s most secure VPN. It does a good job of streaming in most cases with its large number of servers, although its exposure is a little lower than the above. Any user can bypass most geo-restrictions, and speeds are sufficient for streaming.
Security, while online is military-grade, so you will be safe, no matter what your online activity.
This is the baby of the three recommendations, and it does have a smaller server network as a result. It covers 61 countries and a fraction over 1,000 servers. It utilizes the same features as the two other premium VPN’s and includes an ad-blocker.
Speeds are high for streaming, and bypassing geo-restricted content is accessible in most situations.
Although a new VPN service to the industry, it still uses the same high-quality protocols and encryption as the others do.
What’s the bottom line?
Kodi users around the world are the best recommendation for any VPN. The number one choice is the top one on the list because it just works, and it works well.
Any Kodi user who wishes to test the performance free, they can sign up and take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.
Before this time ends, if there are issues, it is easy to cancel, and you won’t have paid anything.