MovieRulz is a new Kodi add-on which has their home in the Reasons Repo. The one thing which is very different to this add-on is you can watch all the latest Tamil, Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi and Telugu movie releases.
In summary, it is one of the best add-ons you can find to watch all of the Bollywood movies and Indian TV shows online.
All of the movies on this website are taken from 2016 – 2018 so they are all up to date.
The MovieRulz add-on also gives access to lots of movies, TV shows from other genres too, so it is not only for watching Indian movies by a long chalk.
Like many Kodi add-ons, this one is developed by a team and isn’t classed as being an official add-on so it is necessary to protect your connection, as well as making sure you can access any of the streams that might be geo-blocked.
It is also better to be on the cautious side, even if Kodi the open source media player is legitimate, there are severe clampdowns on add-on on Kodi that deliver pirated content.
With the MPAA and other agencies, as well as ISP’s closely watching user online activity, and especially users who use Kodi.
It is essential to make use of a VPN service, so your connection is encrypted and out of sight against any prying eyes.
Additionally, because of the nature of the movies on offer, you need to make sure you are using a VPN for India access. We will take a look at VPN options later, but for now, we want to show you how to install Movie Rulz.
Installing MovieRulz on Kodi 17 Krypton
First, we will start with the Krypton version of Kodi 17 as this is the most up to date stable release.
- First, start by opening your Kodi app. (These steps will be the same if you have a FireTV/ Stick)
- On the left side of your screen, you will see the main panel.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ by clicking the gear icon.
- From the rows of icons you see, select the ‘File Manager.’
- Once you see the next list, scroll down and click ‘Add source.’
- Now, you’ll see a pop-up box that says ‘Add file source.’
- Click on the highlighted line that says ‘None.’
- Enter this URL exactly http://reasonsrepo.ml/repo/ and then click the ‘Done’ button.
- You now need to give this source a name. Type the name ‘reasons’ or anything that you want to call it, and can remember.
- Click the ‘OK’ button to add the file.
- Navigate back to the home screen and click ‘Add-ons.’
- You will see an open box icon in the upper left corner. Click on it.
- Select the ‘Install from zip file’ reasons – repository.reasonsrepo-x.x.x.zip.
- Wait for the pop-up notification message to show.
- Navigate to ‘Install from repository’ and now Reasons Repository – Video add-ons – Movie Rulz.
- Click on Install.
- Wait for the pop-up notification message to show that confirms the add-on is installed.
- Navigates back to the Home screen ‘Add-ons’ – ‘Video Add-ons’ and then MovieRulz.
- The Movie Rulz add-on has been installed and is ready for use.
Making Your Connection Private
We saw that watching movies for free on Kodi or any other streaming website leaves you visible to ISP monitoring and also agencies such as the MPAA who are continually fighting to have sites shut down.
This is why using a VPN is so beneficial. The way they work is by tunneling all of your data over an encrypted connection to another location. They also make sure there are no leaks of your IP address.
Choosing a VPN though can be difficult for the uninitiated, so here are three examples of VPN provider which are worth checking out.
This VPN is not so much as a recommendation but an example of how users are misled by marketing. The provider fails to deliver on customer service because responses are scripted.
Their money back guarantee looks good on paper at 31 days, but there are restrictions in place, this means you might have overused your data allowance to avail a refund if you are not satisfied.
Other areas of concern are PureVPN claims zero logging of user data, but in 2017 they handed over customer records.
This is a big no-no for any VPN service. Lastly, there are many devices supported, but if you are on vacation out of the USA, there is no way to access Netflix using their mobile app.
This VPN is one of the most well-known around the globe. It offers a 45-day money back guarantee which they adhere to. Customer support is decent, but at present, they don’t provide 24/7 support.
On the upside, the company access Netflix if out of the country. They allow torrenting and have decent download speeds.
While not being based in any 5-eyes jurisdiction, things could look good for CyberGhost, but, they claim zero logging, but the website uses trackers for as long as users are on the website.
Lastly, and what can be a considerable inconvenience is sessions are terminated after 3-hours. This means you need to reset so you could lose your place in the movie you started to watch online.
This VPN is the far end of the spectrum, as you would expect from the #1 ranked VPN. With no connection to any 5-eyes jurisdiction, users are protected by military-grade encryption, and the company has a strict zero logging policy which it sticks to, no matter when they are asked to deliver user data.
Speeds are fast around the globe because of the extensive network and optimized servers on most continents.
Streaming movies from India are no problem, as is the way ExpressVPN bypasses any geo-restrictions on content.
For what is renowned as the best online VPN, a user has no worry about their identity being exposed, and if there was any reason a user wanted to cancel at the end of their first month, the 30 day money back guarantee comes into force and after processing, there is a full refund with no question.