Any sports fan who wants to watch live sports in more cases than not must have a cable subscription.
However, there are ways to cut the cord, and one of the best can lead to many Kodi for newbies guides to access the best content.
Because of the Kodi add-ons that access these streams, there are many disputes about the legality of Kodi.
You will find this is a bit of a gray area, yet either way, you can take precautions to keep your online activity and still watch all the college football games on Kodi you want.
In this guide, you can learn how to access the official Kodi repository, or you can use one of the newest sports add-ons to watch college football and many more sports you may enjoy.
How to Watch Football on Kodi
The EndZone is one of the best unofficial add-ons to deliver numerous sports channels and sports streams right to your device.
Steps To Install The End-Zone Kodi Video Add-on
- Click the System Settings Icon (gear icon)
- Click on “File Manager”
- Click Add Source (On the left)
- Click in the box that says ‘NONE’
- Type this URL exactly: http://grindhousekodi.tk/repo/
- Click OK
- Name the data source “Grind.” Click OK
- Check it is correct and click OK
- Navigate to the main menu. Click Add-ons
- Select the Add-on Package Installer (Open carton icon)
- Click “Install from zip file”
- Select Grind in the pop-up menu
- Select add-on repository.grindhousekodi-1.6.zip
- Wait for the repo to download and install (Grindhouse Repository Installed message on RH side)
- Select install from repository
- Click on Grindhouse Repository
- Select “Video Add-ons”
- Select “The End-Zone”
- Click Install (Click OK on the pop-up box to proceed)
To use this top Kodi add-on, head back to the main screen and select Add-ons then video add-ons. The EndZone will be listed with all your others. Now you can gain access to the best college football on Kodi for live streaming when there are football games on.
Another unofficial add-on that shows NCAA college football is Sportsdevil. In this add-on, you can find streams from ESPN and other live IPTV streaming. It did have the Sec Network, yet these have been shut down because of FCC lawsuits.
Official Football Streams on Kodi
While the Kodi media center became famous because of the third-party add-ons such as the one here, you can find many in the official Kodi repo.
Visiting here, you have endless options to pick the best add-ons in the Kodi repository for watching live sports.
No matter what device you have Kodi installed on, be it Amazon Fire TV, FireStick, Windows or Apple TV or the many others it runs on. You can watch live NCAA football.
You can access this directly through the ESPN 3 add-on. Just check the schedule when there are games, and you can sit back ready.
ESPN Player: With this offering from ESPN, ESPN has subscriptions in Europe and other areas, so it isn’t as restricted, though you may need a VPN to access European servers.
Although intended for the US military, it appears anyone can get this best add-on. With the free version, you can access ABC, CBS, NBC Sports live for some games, and some other sports live.
NBC Sports Live Extra: using this add-on, you can watch NBC sports coverage from the NBC, NBC Sports live extra network.
Fox Sports Go
Although you need a subscription from a streaming service, and a VPN to bypass the US geo-restrictions, this is one of the best Kodi add-ons for college football. You have access to Fox Sports, and others such as (Big Ten) BTN on Kodi, CBS, Fox, FS1, FS2 and others for the best live streams.
Because this is an official add-on, you don’t have to mess around with install from a zip file or anything. Here are the simple steps to install official add-ons.
- Open Kodi on your device
- Click ‘Addons’ on the home screen
- Select the Package Icon (carton top left corner)
- Select ‘Install from Repository’
- Navigate to Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on Video Add-ons.
- Select Fox Sports Go (or any official add-on) from the list
- Select the Install button to the bottom right of your screen
- Wait for an Add-on Enabled notification
- To use the add-on, return to the home screen and click on the ‘Add-ons’ tab to show all your installed add-ons ready for use.
Is Kodi Legal?
From the above, you can see there is a mix of official add-ons and some that are from third parties.
While there are many efforts to stamp these out, and in the same breath, many individuals blame Kodi for this. However, without an add-on of any kind, Kodi won’t do anything.
If you were just to use official football add-ons, then there are no issues. While there is nothing wrong with using Kodi, there are many who frown upon it and its users.
Because of this, any Kodi user should use a VPN service. Not only can it stop any confusion with your ISP seeing you are using Kodi, but it will also prevent any copyright agency thinking you are watching football action from an illegal stream.
Lastly, the best VPN will bypass any geo-restrictions you face with your add-ons and deliver buffer-free streaming.
You will find the top streaming VPN can deliver the best connection speeds for you to watch College football live extra without restrictions and any interruptions.