Earlier in the year, there was good news throughout the Kodi community. One of the best and most well-known third-party repositories has returned.
The TVAddons repo was taken down in a cloud of mystery. Users searched for www.TVAddons.ag and all they got was a dead link. Now, the good news is that this famous repo is back up under the domain TVAddons.co.
It transpires that the owner of TVAddons, was, like another handful of popular Kodi add-ons and being sued for the distribution of Kodi add-ons that were stepping on the toes of copyright.
While everyone thought it was all to do with add-on distribution in the USA, it was a Canadian company which was suing. In total 18 major Kodi add-ons were hit by this action.
This included the following:
- Stream All The Sources
- cCloudTV and Alluc among others.
The owner of TVAddons went as far as raising funds to take on the fight. His fundraiser could be found on the Addons.co website.
How Does This Help Kodi Users?
Although TVAddons for Kodi is back up, this isn’t an out and out success for Kodi users, it does though highlight the need for a VPN to protect yourself. Out of all this, it was found that around 40 million users are encroaching on copyrighted material.
This really highlights the fact that Kodi users do need to use a VPN to mask their connection. Nowadays, it isn’t so much about accessing geo-blocked content, it is about making sure that no governing body will catch users streaming the type of content add-ons for Kodi are well known for.
At the time, the lawsuit said that top shows were being transmitted, and all of these are copyrighted TV. The Big Bang Theory, America’s Got Talent, GOT (Game of Thrones), Keeping Up With The Kardashians and many more.
It is easy to see the number of ISP’s and copyright trolls that are always on the lookout. So, it is advisable to use a Kodi VPN service.
What is TVAddons?
Fusion is an easy to install repo, and from here users can quickly install TVAddons Fusion Kodi Repo.
The thing with these two is that the Fusion installer is the best repo of Kodi install other add-ons hassle free. Another great benefit is that it will automatically install the official Kodi repository of the said add-on also.
Here are the steps for installing Fusion on Kodi
- From your Kodi home screen, select the SYSTEM icon.
- In Kodi 17, this system icon looks like a “gear” that sits in the top left corner of your Kodi screen.
- Select System Settings
On the left side of your screen, select ‘add-ons.’
- Select ‘Unknown Sources’ on the right-hand side of your screen. This turns on ‘unknown sources.’
- Lick on “Yes” to confirm you want to ‘enable unknown sources’ in Kodi.
- Navigate back to the SYSTEM menu (the gear icon on the Kodi home screen).
- Select File Manager
- Select “Add source.“
- Lick on the field which says “None.“
- Enter the URL exactly http://fusion.tvaddons.co (copy paste is easier)
- Click on OK to finish adding the URL
- Select the Kodi box that says “Enter a name for this media source.”
- Enter the name “fusion” (without any quotes)
- Select OK to finish naming the source.
- Press OK again to finish adding the new source.
- Navigate back to the Kodi home screen
- Select add-ons from the Kodi screen
- Select the Package Installer icon. The package installer icon looks like a “small open box” which sits in the top left-hand corner of the “add-ons” screen.
- Select Install From Zip File
- Scroll until you see the new source you added (“fusion“)
- Choose the “kodi-repos” folder.
- Click on the “English” menu item on your screen
- Select the “repository.xbmchub-3.0.0.zip” file
- Wait a few seconds to a couple of minutes for the “Repository installed” notification box to appear
- Select “install from repository.“
- Select “TVADDONS.CO add-on repository.“
- Select “Video add-ons“
- Choose any TVAdd-on from the presented add-on list. This will install TVAddons. (Newsy).
- Click on Install.
- Wait for up to a minute or so for the “Add-on enabled” notification box to appear
- Navigate back to the Kodi home screen
- Select “add-ons” from your Kodi home screen
- Select the TVAdd-ons icon which you would like to like to launch.
This looks like a lot of steps, but in reality, it is straightforward to do.
What Next with Fusion and TVAddons?
Now that Kodi TVAddons is back, and so is Fusion, then the first thing to do is make full use of it and add one of the best Fusion TV add-ons, Indigo.
The Indigo add-on delivers lots of tools and utilities that expand the functions of Kodi. In its first incarnation Indigo was known to be the best Kodi add-on installer, and with this, you can install lots of apps from the library in a broad range of categories. This included Fusion TVAddons, movie add-ons and lots more besides.
From here, it is straightforward to install Kodi add-ons, and all you need to do is locate any add-ons from the library and install them at the touch of a button.
It is also possible to install directly from a zip file that is saved online as long as you have the URL to the file.
An example being TVaddons.ag, if there was a zip file associated with that, you could open it directly.
Using the Indigo Add-on Installer
- Open ‘Indigo’ from the Add-ons section.
- Indigo offers a number of features and options such as the Config Wizard, Add-on
- Installer, maintenance Tools and a lot more.
- We will take a look at it. Click ‘Add-on Installer’ in the list of options as it is the most popular option
- Featured Add-ons – this shows you the most downloaded add-ons first.
- You can further explore add-ons by categories such as video add-ons, audio add-ons, and program add-ons, etc.
- Indigo allows you to install an add-on which is not in its library. All you need is the link to the zip file.
- Select ‘Install Zip from Online Link’ and enter the URL of the zip file.
- Indigo will perform all the add-ons work for installation, automatically
Installing BBC iPlayer Add-on from Official Kodi Repository
One of the best-known TV streaming services in the world is the BBC iPlayer. And what better way to show of TVAddons than installing the iPlayer add-on.
This is available from the official Kodi add-ons repository and is called iPlayer WWW.
Here are the steps to access the iPlayer, and you won’t believe how simple it can be to live stream from such a stand out service.
- Navigate to the Add-ons tab
- On the top right, select Install from repository function.
- Select the Kodi Add-on repository option.
- Scroll to Video add-ons.
- Choose iPlayer WWW from the listing.
- Click on the Install button.
Indigo has one other great function that is available, and you can easily install the Real Debrid add-on. This will allow any user to access their Debrid account and access content directly.
Using a VPN with TVAddons
As we saw right at the beginning, the TVAddons owner had major problems but is now back. This pushes focus on users when they are using any add-ons from this new repo.
It is highly advisable to install a VPN so you will be safe from prying eyes, and you can use any of the supplied add-ons from this repo.
The only problem is that not all VPN’s are suitable for Kodi, or they have server problems, and any streaming ends up buffering, or the links fail altogether.
With this in mind, we have taken a look at all the VPN’s to see which deliver the best services and can make any Kodi experience, a great experience.
One option that you can check out is NordVPN, but this isn’t the best option, even if it is ranked number two in the world.
One thing it does show is that most other VPN’s are even less suitable for use with Kodi, or for protecting user privacy. Torrenting also comes to mind at this point.
You can read a NordVPN review so you can make up your own mind, but there is only one real option when it comes to streaming services.
As soon as you install Kodi, you should have this VPN in place. It makes lots of sense because it is the number one around the globe, and it is the best Kodi VPN by far.
Not only will it deliver the best privacy, but it can also make sure you are buffering free, or you can bypass any geo-restrictions for any content (BBC) you stream from any of the fantastic TVAddons you decide to use.