Do you want to know how to change location for Google Play so you can access different apps and content?
You’re in luck because there is a solution for it. Are you tired of seeing the message “This app is not compatible with any of your devices” displayed? Well, you are on for a winner, because there is a way around it.
This post will explain how to change your country in Google Play Store in a few simple steps; allowing you to access different apps and content.
Let’s assume we are changing from Google Play Store America to Google Play Store UK. The first thing you need to do is download a VPN app from the Play Store.
There are plenty of free ones available to download. By using this app, you can access Google Play Store as if you are in a different country. Something like Smart DNS won’t be as effective, as it doesn’t mask your entire connection.
It does work for things like Netflix and Hulu, but it doesn’t hide your IP address and encrypt your data.
Google Play Store keeps your old information. So, only clearing your data from Google Play Store may not be enough. The most sure-fire way to change your Google country is to delete your Google Play account and as a result, delete your information.
What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN lets you connect to a server run by a VPN provider. Any data that travels between your phone and the VPN server is encrypted, meaning there is no need to worry about security.
The VPN app will allow you to connect to a VPN server in a different country. You are essentially tricking Google Play Store into thinking you are somewhere you are not.
How to change your country in Google Play Store
1. Go to your phone’s Settings and select Accounts
2. In the Accounts menu select the Google icon
3. Select the drop-down menu and choose Remove account
4. A warning will appear to tell you that doing this will delete all your data
5. When you are sure you want to do this, select Remove account and enter your password
Now your Google Play account has been deleted you need to connect to the VPN server location:
1. Open the VPN app you downloaded
2. Select the country you wish to connect to a VPN server in (in this instance I selected the UK)
3. Connect to the server location you selected
Now you need to log back into your Google Play account:
1. Go to the Google Play Store
2. You will be met with a screen asking you to Add Your Account
3. Select Next and enter your Gmail account and password
4. Google will ask for authorization to automatically back up your data
5. You may be asked to add payment details (you can add them now or continue to the store)
6. You will now be able to access apps in your new country
You can switch back to your previous country or switch to a new country by repeating this process.